|Are you a beginner to intermediate or above French speaker with a desire to discover the hidden gems of Paris while vastly improving your French?
Do you want to stroll the streets of Paris at sunset, or enjoy a café au lait at the corner bistro, while confidently communicating in French with those you come into contact with?
From Notre Dame to the Louvre, the forgotten museums of Paris, historic cafés, wine & cheese tasting, reading in Quartier Latin, cooking class in French you will participate in various activities, and talk with people from the city, and amongst the group.
Join French coach extraordinaire Llyane Stanfield and travel concierge Allison Lounes on an immersive Parisian experience in 2017!
Allison and Llyane have designed a travel experience to Paris that includes immersive language experiences in well-known and not so well-known locales.
Combining one-on-one time with Llyane with ample opportunities to practice your French in real life situations, you will come away with stronger speaking and comprehensive skills.
To see if you qualify, you should contact us here.
Here's what Troy is saying about his immersion:
You will speak only French, while walking in the streets of Paris, and Llyane will be your French Language Coach.
4 spots available
Private 1-on-1 VIP Immersion Retreat available for existing students only (itinerary and activities are designed based on each student's preferences).
1. 1-on-1 French Language coached Conversation (with Llyane and the locals)
- 46 hrs French-only conversation
(Saturday: 19:00-22:00, Sunday - Thursday: 10:00-18:00, Friday: 10:00-13:00)
2. Admission for daily activities
3. Your morning café et croissant (plus dîner de luxe)
4. Transportation around the city
5. Hotel accommodation (4+ star hotel)
2. Meals (partially)
3. Additional activities not included in the immersion hours
(Allison will be your designated travel concierge and she is at your disposal to arrange flights, activities and transfers.)
Hotel recommendations: Hôtel Le Six, Hôtel Select, Grand Hôtel Français
Please keep in mind that each Immersion is custom designed based on the students' preferences, level of conversation, and previous experience, so no two retreats are alike.
$1,579 per month for 3 months
|* By clicking "Buy Now" you agree to our Terms and Conditions. Currency corrections may apply.|
The Private 1-on-1 VIP Immersion Retreat is available for existing students only (itinerary and activities are designed based on each student's preferences). Please keep in mind that each Immersion is custom designed based on the student's preferences, so no two retreats will be the same, so that if you want to do some things more than others you can do that. Now please scroll down to see how my first two VIP immersion retreats felt like.
VIP Private French Language and Lifestyle Immersion
September 13 - 20, 2014
1. French coaching
- between 40-80 hrs/week French-only conversation
- 1-on-1 French Language Coaching & Conversation
2. Hotel accommodations (family and friends are welcomed)
3. Daily activities (with your French coach and locals)
Airfare and (partially) meals
Download the September 2014 VIP Immersion Retreat Brochure
The journal of the VIP Private 1-on-1 Immersion Retreat - An American in Paris 2014 - is available. Contact me to get more details.
ScheduleWe go in April/May and September - don't be shy: you can come too, but I need 4 months in advance to make the arrangements, and you'll have your own dedicated week.
WHO THE TRIP IS FOR
- You are an intermediate or above French speaker with a desire to discover the hidden gems of Paris while vastly improving your French.
- You are a beginner and will take some classes before the trip.
WHO THE TRIP IS NOT FOR
- You are a beginner to intermediate or above at the time of the trip and are looking to learn French during the trip.
- You expect to become fluent either before the trip or during.
1. What are the dates of the immersion?
- The dates are in spring and fall. Perfect dates to arrange a picnic underneath tour Eiffel. If the first week is booked, we will book the second week, and so on. We can only book the month of May for the spring Retreat, meaning that we can only accept 4 students. Same goes for the month of September.
2. What's included in this package?
- Here is what it's included: Paris City pass, breakfasts, language immersion activities (admission fees), 1-on-1 French coaching, surprise luxury dinner; also, your own personal travel concierge that helps you arrange accommodation reservations, flights, including redeeming frequent flyer miles, can arrange for extra activities and transfers.
3. Are there activities included in the price?
- Yes. There is a mix of activities (included in the price). For example, we've arranged a scavenger hunt at the Louvre and also a French cooking class - but you can design your own experience, if you want to include something else. Being a 1-on-1 Immersion, we can change the schedule on the fly. You will also have ample time to explore Paris on your own. Allison is happy to arrange special activities for you such as an evening at the Moulin Rouge or lunch at tour Eiffel.
4. Will we have some free time to explore France and practice our new skills?
- There is a mix of activities with your Language Coach and time to explore Paris on your own - you can also come with your friend or significant other, to spend time with them outside of the immersion or inside - this way you will really immerse yourself and see where your French skills really are. This will not affect the price.
5. Can I get help with my travel arrangements?
- Allison can assist with your travel arrangements including booking flights and redeeming frequent flyer miles. She can also assist if you want to spend time in France before or after the retreat.
6. Where in Paris is the hotel located?
- The hotels we recommend are:
1. Hôtel Le Six: 6e arr., is also 1 block from Boulevard du Montparnasse and a 6-minute walk from Jardin du Luxembourg gardens.
2. Hôtel Select: 5e arr., 4-minute walk from the Jardin du Luxumebourg, 10-minute walk from Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris.
3. Grand Hôtel Français: 11e arr., 2-minute walk from Rue des Boulets metro station, 10-minute ride from Place de la République.
We suggest that you choose your own, and we will do the research for you, depending on what you are looking for.
7. What is the difference between the 3-star and 4-star hotels?
- A 4 star option could be a charming boutique hotel in Saint-Germain-des-Prés. The rooms offer panoramic views of the city. There is free WiFi, and a daily buffet breakfast. The key word for this hotel is "charm". The travellers who choose this option will feel like a chic Parisian and may want to spend their free days relaxing at the bar which is open from 4:00PM-11:30PM
- On the other hand, a 3 star hotel covers all the basics. could be located in the Quartier Latin, and ideal for those who just want a place to lay their heads. There is free WiFi and a basic continental breakfast.
8. What is the level of French that I need to have to be able to join the Immersion?
- Being a 1-on-1 immersion, you can come at any level - the idea is to take French from the 'class' environment to the 'life' environment. If you want to be more prepared, you can register now, and take the Intensive program or just a few classes with Llyane before the trip, if you are more of an intermediate.
9. How much 1-on-1 time with Llyane will I have?
- Having 1-on-1 French time, you will have 1-on-1 attention every day during the entire trip. The 'French only' time will vary, depending on how tired you get as the days go by. Just listening to the conversations around will be a lot of 'immersing'. If you need more 'class time', you can have up to 6 additional hours of 1-on-1 coaching (sold separately).
10. What if I can't pay the whole thing today?
- There is also an option for 4 payments, and the registrations open a few months in advance.
11. If I come with my friend or significant other, can s/he participate?
- Absolutely. There's plenty of free time that you can have together and s/he's welcome to participate in the activities for an extra fee. S/he can also take a class or 2 with Llyane.
12. What program would I need to take to qualify for the immersion?
- Llyane needs to work with you to make sure that you are ready for an immersion environment, so 10 hours will help her get your level up to par and know you well enough to help you on the trip. However, this can vary, depending on your level.
13. What types of activities have you arranged?
- We have a number of activities including a scavenger hunt at the Louvre, wine tastings, a French macaroon tour and a French cooking class. The activities vary depending on your personal preferences. There will also be a lot of time to explore Paris on your own!
14. What locales will we visit and what activities will there be on this trip?
- The Retreat will have us all over Paris so that you can get acquainted with the beautiful city. From the Louvre to the trendy Marais neighborhood, you'll come away with knowledge about well-known and "off the beaten path" sections of the city.
We have an activity arranged for every day. Amongst these scheduled group activities: a French cooking class, a Scavenger hunt at the Louvre, and a Quest for the perfect macaroon. There will also be ample time to explore Paris on your own and that's where Allison comes in. She'll help you design an experience that's truly unique. For example, you can indulge in a spa day or discover some of Paris' lesser known but really unique museums. It will be a lot of fun and the perfect time of the year to be in Paris.
15. Is there time for a relative newbie to learn enough french to join the immersion trip?
- It's a 1-on-1 VIP immersion, so we can accommodate a newbie too. For people with some experience, the sooner you register, the better. We launched the immersion 4 months before the trip, and the Intensive program that Llyane offers is just over 4 months. Through it, you get to an high intermediate level (B2), and for the trip you need an intermediate level. You don't need to finish the Intensive program in order to qualify, but it helps to be well into the second half before we take off. Of course, knowing that you aim to come to the Immersion, we will focus on conversation a little more than usual.
16. How much French would you expect to learn from this retreat? How fluent will you become?
- You will speak up to 6 hours/day (no English allowed )... but don't worry, Llyane will be there to help. To become fluent it takes quite some time, but the experience of the immersion helps you better create your own correct phrases and improve your pronunciation; only when put in the situation to manage your own conversation will you be able to best use the knowledge from the class. Shifting from the 'class' to the 'street' mindset, will give you a huge confidence boost and you'll be able to use much more of what you already know in theory.
17. What accommodations do you recommend?
- We recommend 3 star accommodations for those who are looking for a more budget option, and 4 or 5 star accommodations for travellers who want to be more upscale. We'll be staying in the trendy Quartier Latin. We can make the reservations for you in our recommended hotels.
18. What does the language preparation entail?
- Depending on your level, you will have a number of classes with Llyane, to prepare you for the immersion environment. You'll have an assessment session and will decide together what is the plan of action. You and Llyane do have to work together before, so that Llyane can know you well, and be able to help you the best possible way while you are on the trip. This will also help you to get comfortable with Llyane, and enjoy the week you'll spend together in Paris.
18. Can you help me if I want to stay longer and visit Provence?
- Absolutely! Allison will be your personal travel concierge and can help with flights, trains and extension trips.
19. May I bring a friend who doesn't speak French?
- Yes you can! While we will have some activities for just the French speaker that you are, you will have ample time to hang out with your friend. Your friend can even join in on some of the activities and take a class or 2 with Llyane to get comfortable speaking French with the locals!
20. Is it okay to invite a friend, relative, or significant other that has no experience with the language?
- Absolutely! Friends, relatives and significant others are welcome and a great way to share the cost of the trip!
If this is an experience that resonates with you, please contact us to book your room NOW!
You'll never look back...
Feel the Love for French, and never let it go!
See you at Charles de Gaulle airport,
Llyane & Allison
60 days in advance, you are entitled to 90% refund.
30 - 60 days in advance, you are entitled to 50% refund.
Less than 30 days in advance, no refund will be given. Any unused portion of the refund will be applied to a future trip.